You may love the idea of having straight, even teeth, but not the idea of wearing metal braces!
Invisalign® clear braces are the non-metal alternatives to traditional braces, with no uncomfortable brackets or wires. Virtually invisible, they do not attract attention. What people will see is your smile, and only your smile.
Like traditional braces, the Invisalign® system handles crooked, overlapping or crowded teeth, wide spaces, over-bite, under-bite, and cross-bite.
Unlike traditional braces, they are transparent, and they are removable for brushing, flossing, eating, or even taking a break to attend a special occasion.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
Invisalign® uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets. Each aligner is custom-made for your teeth.
You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss (or for those special occasions). As you change to each new set of aligners, your teeth move gradually into their final ideal position.
How Long Does the Invisalign NYC Process Take?
The total treatment time for Invisalign New York City patients will experience averages nine to fifteen months, and the average number of aligner sets used is between eighteen and thirty. Each case is different, so both the time and the number of aligners may vary.
There are some Invisalign NYC cases that require very little correction. The special program called Invisalign Express® addresses those and requires a maximum of ten aligner sets and a minimum of twenty weeks, plus any required time for a retainer program. This special technique is also applicable to rebound cases, for people who have had braces in the past.
Other Benefits of Invisalign®
- You will make fewer trips to your dental or orthodontic office, since there will be no adjustments of fixed metal brackets or wires.
- You can enjoy all your favorite foods, since you won’t be wearing your aligners while you eat.
- X-rays, cleanings, and some other procedures previously not possible while wearing metal braces are not prevented by Invisalign®.
- Since aligners are upgraded every two weeks, the process is comfortable, gradual and painless.
- Invisalign Teen® is a special program for teens and tweens.