If you want to straighten your crooked teeth, there is no doubt that both Invisalign and metal braces can get the job done. However, when you consider the aesthetic factor, Invisalign is much more appealing. But there are more reasons why you should choose Invisalign over traditional braces.
1. Removability: Invisalign aligners are plastic trays that can be removed during a meal or brushing.
2. Better Hygiene: Since Invisalign trays can be removed before a meal, food is less likely to be caught in your teeth. It also allows more thorough brushing, and lower the risk of developing cavities.
3. More Food Choices: If you are wearing metal braces, chances are you need to forgo some of your favorite foods. However, since Invisalign is removable, you are able to eat everything you normally as if you are not wearing braces.
4. Comfortable: Metal braces have shape edges that can irritate your gums and cheeks. On the other hand, Invisalign are made of plastics and have smooth edges. Most patients report having little to no discomfort while wearing the aligners.
5. Less Time Consuming: Metal braces require you to check in with your dentist frequently to ensure everything is on the right track. Whereas in the case of Invisalign, you only need to visit your dentist every six weeks.
6. More affordable: Invisalign can cost around $3,000-7,000, and metal braces range from $5,000-10,000. In other words, you are paying less for better.