At Tribeca Dental Care in NYC, we are just minutes from great campuses like NYU and Cornell, and we will help you achieve your best results for graduation day or senior year photos.
Here are some professional tips to get you started:
A Great Looking Smile is Your Best Style
Whenever a fashion designer is asked, “What is the best way to look good?” The answer time and time again is “Smile.” A cap and gown look great on their own, but a smile makes them look that much better.
Put Your Best Foot Forward
- Have a professional teeth cleaning performed. It gives you a chance to start a healthy routine and address any dental concerns.
- Brush regularly. Just don’t brush too hard. Forceful motion and firm bristles wear down enamel, irritate gums, make teeth sensitive and can even help cause cavities. Choose a soft-bristled brush and be gentle, but thorough.
Consider Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening is a quicker, easier and less stressful process than doing it yourself. In about an hour, you can brighten your smile significantly. At Tribeca Dental Care, your lips and gums stay protected during every session. All you have to do is relax in your chair. You’ll even receive an at-home whitening kit to help you maintain your results.
There are many things you can do to keep your pearly whites whiter:
- Don’t suck on lemons. That’s right. They’re bad for you. The acid in the lemon breaks down tooth enamel. Contrarily, the malic acid in strawberries actually helps break down stains. But both fruits have Vitamin C, which protects you from gum disease.
- Drink water with meals to swish away other acidic and staining culprits, such as soda, tea, coffee, wine, berries and tomato sauce.
- Use whitening toothpastes to remove superficial stains. Avoid mouthwash with alcohol because it dries your mouth and promotes bacteria.
- Chewing xylitol gum reduces plaque and encourages saliva flow, moving particles away from teeth. Plus, it adds character (just kidding).
The Big Day
- Pack a mirror, floss and toothpicks with you for any last-minute touch-ups before your photos are taken.
- For women, wearing lipstick will create a brightening contrast with your teeth, so consider dark berries and deep red colors.
Be Prepared to Shine
Let’s face it: You’ll be looking back on your yearbook or graduation photo forever. Give it your best shot, and contact us today!