Orthodontic treatment helps craft your ideal smile, letting you show off stunning pearly whites for all to see. There are several options for teeth alignment, including traditional metal braces. Many patients prefer the Invisalign® treatment system, a state-of-the-art solution. What are the benefits of braces vs. Invisalign®, and how can you make the right choice?
The Many Benefits of Invisalign® Treatments
Invisalign® treatment takes advantage of modern technology, such as 3D printing and advanced diagnostic software. After a careful scan, a series of clear thermoplastic aligner trays are created for each patient. These trays gently but firmly nudge teeth into the correct position. Here are a few reasons why Invisalign® is so popular:
- Comfort: Unlike metal braces, you never have to worry about Invisalign® trays causing pain. They don’t cut or hurt the soft interior of your mouth or your gums. In fact, the trays are crafted carefully after mapping your gum line. That way, they rest perfectly against the gums, not on top of them.
- Flexibility: Invisalign® lets you live life your way. Even though the aligners fit snugly onto your teeth, they’re easy to slip off whenever you want. That way, you can eat, drink, and laugh with friends to your heart’s content. Patients can also brush and floss normally before sliding trays back on for bedtime.
- Style: Invisalign® trays fit your teeth and gums like a glove. In addition, they’re made from transparent thermoplastic. This means it’s virtually impossible for people to notice that you’re wearing braces. Smile, laugh, and communicate naturally with coworkers and clients.
- Happiness: Metal braces often come with a complicated list of dos and don’ts when it comes to food. This can get frustrating, especially if someone invites you over for a meal. With Invisalign®, you can eat whatever you want! Sink your teeth into a slice of peanut butter pie or snack on crunchy veggies without worrying about your braces.
- Convenience: The majority of your Invisalign® treatment takes place at home. Our team schedules periodic appointments to check on your progress, but no tightening is needed. With each new tray, you simply slide it on, and you’re good to go.
Each Invisalign® tray is created just for you. We perform a digital scan of the interior of your mouth, taking note of the position of your teeth and gums. Then we sit down with you to discuss your goals. Our advanced software lays out a customized plan, and we can even show you what your finished smile looks like!
The Pros and Cons of Traditional Braces
With so many incredible features of Invisalign®, why would anyone ever choose metal braces? Well, there are some situations where traditional braces can be useful.
- Traditional braces can correct extremely complex alignment problems.
- Kids can’t remove metal braces, which helps when you can’t keep an eye on them.
- Some traditional braces are cheaper than advanced Invisalign® treatment.
Braces are obviously not as comfortable or stylish as Invisalign®, but some patients feel like they don’t have many alternatives. This is sad because braces have several downsides:
- Braces are often painful.
- You have to avoid many foods with traditional braces.
- Each adjustment requires a lengthy dental visit.
If you have severely rotated teeth or another extremely complex dental condition, then you may need the added firmness of braces and brackets. For many patients, however, Invisalign® is a better option. It’s effective with an overbite, crowded teeth, gap teeth, and countless other alignment issues, but it gives you freedom, comfort, and confidence at the same time.
Get High-Quality Invisalign® Treatments and Braces at Tribeca Dental Care
At Tribeca Dental Care, we want to help you reach your smile goals. If you’re holding back from choosing state-of-the-art orthodontic treatment because you think you can’t afford it, contact us. Our friendly team works with all major insurance carriers, so treatment cost is frequently not an issue. We also provide trustworthy dental care financing and Invisalign® discounts. To learn more, reach out to us online or in person.