Whether they use teeth whitening, cleaning, or another method, people feel best when they have white, healthy-looking teeth. Two of the easiest, most effective paths to a nicer smile are Invisalign and dental veneers.
Both these procedures have advantages, and some people even decide to try both. Still, most patients find that one or the other is most appealing to them. Which is the right one for you? Let’s take a closer look at what they both have to offer.
Overview: What They Are and What They Do
- Invisalign, also called “clear braces,” straighten the teeth using removable plastic trays.
- Veneers are thin, light shells, usually made of porcelain, that are attached over damaged teeth.
What Kind of Results Can You Expect?
- Invisalign can fully correct most orthodontic problems arising from teeth misalignment.
- Veneers completely disguise superficial stains and minor damage while reinforcing teeth.
Who is a Good Candidate for Each Procedure?
- Invisalign is appropriate for anyone with their adult teeth, from teens to senior citizens.
- Veneers are typically used by adults and seniors for whom whitening won’t be sufficient.
How Long Does it Take to Work?
- Depending on their specific needs, most people will use Invisalign for about 12 to 18 months.
- High-quality Lumineer veneers can be installed in one dental visit and can last 20 years.
How Much Aftercare is Involved?
- Invisalign patients should expect to see their care provider approximately every three months
- Veneers typically require three visits – one before, during, and after implantation.
How Does Ordinary Brushing and Flossing Change?
- Invisalign aligners should be removed before brushing and cleaned with cool water.
- Patients with veneers should continue brushing and flossing using their dentist’s instructions.
How Much Does It Cost?
- Invisalign can cost anywhere from about $3,500 to about $8,000 depending on specific individual needs.
- Veneers vary widely in cost due to a number of factors – ask your dentist to learn more.
Tribeca Dental Care
Both these options are great when you want to enhance the look and health of your teeth. The right one for you comes down to personal preference and your current dental health. The best way to find out more is to consult your dentist for a routine checkup.
Whether you’re interested in veneers, Invisalign, or anything in between, Tribeca Dental Care is the dental team to trust in NYC. Contact us today to learn more.